dimanche 18 mai 2014

Julien Martinez Leclerc

I was born in Paris in 1995. I grew up in an artistic environment and discovered photography at the age of twelve. Starting with classically framed images, my approach has evolved and now tends to explore as many visual angles and compositions as I can. I find inspiration mostly from exhibitions and especially from the works of Kathe Kollwitz, Egon Schiele and Francis Bacon, because of their sincerity which I admire. Fascinated by fictional characters such as Emma Bovary, Julien Sorel or Phedra, I have introduced realism and a psychological perspective to my photographs. Through plays, ballets or operas I have attended I developed a strong interest for staging.




© Julien Martinez Leclerc


 As well as expressing myself fully through this medium, I am aware that photography has become a massive industry. This is why, my profound ambition is to become a reliable front line professional and to defend my skills and my singularity. While I was working as a set assistant in studios and assistant photographer for Ben Hassett, I was taught the valuable skills of discipline, patience and observation. At 16, putting together solo exhibitions of my work I had to quickly develop detail requirements to prove to the professionals, who took care of the printing and framing, that I was able to fulfil this project.

I am building up my taste with clear inspirations which helps me to keep hindsight on today’s way to communicate. My interest for images is limitless and I can’t imagine my life without a blank sheet of paper to draw new visual solutions on.



© Julien Martinez Leclerc



© Julien Martinez Leclerc



Solo Shows

SIBLINGS January 5th / March 5th 2012 at Conceptstore Eden Park
PROLOGUE December 5th / January 7th 2013 at the Sorbonne University
ACTE I April 29th / May 28th 2014 at the Sorbonne University



© Julien Martinez Leclerc